Heather has extensive experience in social media management and content creation. She has managed a variety of social media platforms and account types. Heather tailors the content based on the needs of the client and particularly enjoys creating content for organizational updates, memes, microblogs, and sharing relevant related news and research. Below are summaries of social media work and management that Heather has done. A detailed C.V. of Heather’s social media work is available upon request. The best way to reach Heather is via email at email@example.com or HLK35@drexel.edu.
Heather assisted with the Instagram and Facebook management for Sundance Film Festival 2016 Short Film Catching Up. She assisted with posting content during the Sundance Film Festival while film producers worked and attended the event. Heather continued assisting with social media management from 2015 through 2016 until the film went to feature-length production. Heather assisted with posting updates, creating posts with provided film production photos, and with film advertising.
- Catching Up (short film) Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/catchingupshort/ (The Instagram was only created for use at the Sundance Film Festival.)
- Catching Up (short film) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CatchingUpTheMovie (The Facebook page was updated to reflect the change in film format.)
Heather has also managed social media accounts for the University of Pennsylvania’s (Penn) MES & MSAG Programs and the Earth & Environmental Sciences Department from 2015 through 2017. She not only created Instagram and Twitter accounts for the Penn MES & MSAG Programs, but she updated and revived the Facebook page. Heather grew the follower counts across all platforms, but the follower count for Facebook is her greatest achievement with growing the followers from around 100 to over 600 by the time she moved on to her doctoral program. She also created a HootSuite account to manage content seamlessly for the program to ensure content was seen on multiple platforms and to allow the program director to view content statistics for marking and student recruitment purposes. Heather live-tweeted and posted during program and EES Department events including research seminars, conferences, graduation, and professional development workshops.
- Penn MES & MSAG Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/penn_mes_msag/
- Penn MES & MSAG Twitter: https://twitter.com/Penn_MES_MSAG
- Penn EES Dept. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UPennEES
- Penn EES Dept. Twitter: https://twitter.com/PENN_EES
Cool Beans Research was a collaborative effort between Heather Kostick and Doug Tallamy to raise funding for a research project focused on biodiversity on coffee farms in South America. The social media platforms were created in 2016 and active in various capacities through 2017. Heather not only created the social media accounts, but created content for all platforms and assisted in fund raising. Facebook was the most active social media account and the Cool Beans Research page currently has over 600 followers. The research project is still under development and social media has been put on hold during this time.
- Cool Beans Research Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coolbeansresearch/
- Cool Beans Research Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CoolBeansResearch
- Cool Beans Research Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoolBeansRsrch/